Tuesday, May 16, 2017

13 Reasons for life time of loss

As the year is closing to an end, I'm continuing my journey through the book "13 reasons why" by Jay Asher. The band wagon TV series is what got me to start reading the book, but now the pages speak for themselves. I really enjoy this mystery book although I wish I had read it before finishing the Netflix series to spoil the ending. One specific quote that stuck out to me was “no one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people.” (pg, 156) because it shows how people make a difference to others daily without even noticing it. No matter what you might think, you are important and who you are as a person effects many people in your life even if it goes unseen. The book 13 reasons why is about a teenager named Hannah Baker who commits suicide but leaves 13 recorded tapes to explain why she killed herself . Clay Jenson a classmate along with others go through each tape waiting to hear what they did to deserve a spot on one of the tapes. Throughout the book many secrets come out and lies are told crating a very mystery and romantic feel. Overall I'm enjoying reading this book and hope to finish before the school year is up. I'm so glad with my accomplished reading goals throughout this year and this book is definitely at the top of my favorites.

Image result for 13 reasons why tv show

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend a book called Close to home by Lisa Jackson. These two books have the same themes and are about Teenagers.you could make many connections.

    ReplyDelete