Friday, April 7, 2017

The Reading Life I Hope to Have

The Reading Life I Hope to Have
Last night just before I went to bed I reached to grab something. I didn't reach for my phone, or my laptop, I didn't even reach for my TV remote, instead I leaned over and grabbed onto a thick and brand new hard cover book. I opened up the pages and the complex diction flowed into my brain without even thinking about it. The next day when I became bored, I did in fact pull out my phone, but not to scroll through the most recent twitter feed or check how many Instagram likes I have received, alternatively I opened the "Ibooks' application and again I began reading so simply. This in fact is not what I do today, but what I hope to do in the future. My reading goals for this year are going to be the most challenging reading goals I have set yet. I hope to read over 2000 pages in the span of 9 weeks. Last 9 weeks I consumed over 1,200 pages worth of knowledge that I received from books. This was from a vastly large variety of novels ranging from long classical literature to short non fiction books. Although in the past I have not been the type of person to pick up a book over playing outside, my goal the rest of the year is to get better and read at least 15 minutes every single day. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about specific books you've enjoyed and plan to read.

    ReplyDelete